Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Jell-O Worms

Have you seen these on Pinterest?

 I’ve been waiting for forever to try them! I’ve even heard of them not working out quite the way they are supposed to so I thought I would try it and let you all know how they worked out! I mean perfect for Halloween Parties right? Worms! The worms crawl in the worms crawl out the worms play pinochle on your snout. The orignial idea for this recipe can be found at theidearoom.
 

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 Package Jell-O

3 Packages Unflavored Gelatin

3 cups Boiling Water

Straws

Rubber Band

Container to hold the straws

Here’s how you make it:

 
Dissolve Jell-O and Gelatin in Boiling water. Let sit for about 20 min until it cools a little.

Meanwhile Wrap a Rubber Band around all the straws and place them into a container.

Pour Jell-O into straws carefully. Chill for 8 hours or up to 2 days.

 Pull straws from container. Pull straws apart. Run hot tap water for about 2 seconds over 3 to 4 straws at a time. Starting at the empty ends of the straws, push worms from straws with your fingers. Lay worms on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.

Cover and chill until ready to use, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days. Worms will hold at room temperature for about 2 hours.

Ok this was an EPIC FAIL! You can see that the Jell-O didn’t go just into the straws, but it did get into them. So I thought ok this is gonna work! Put it in the fridge and took it out 12 hours later had to use a knife to get the straws out of the cup. Then I followed the directions, I used my fingers and the rolling pin to try and get the Jell-O out of the straws. OK this is where everything went WRONG! The straws were busting open, the Jell-O just wasn’t coming out, it came out in little pieces, I NEVER got a whole worm out! I think maybe  MAYBE you need a better quality straw? Mine were cheap ones from the Dollar Store. Or maybe a thicker straw? Mine were pretty narrow? Anyway give it a try, I may try it again one day… but gotta wait until my fingers don’t hurt from squeezing the straws!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment