Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Trashy Spider Webs



Once again I found a great Thrifty craft on Pinterest! You can see the original inspiration at howaboutorange. I love that the last 2 crafts have been so cheap! I bought the Trash bags for this project at the Dollar Store! Would have been even cheaper if I’d had some black bags on hand! I forgot to have the Hubster get the Halloween decorations down from the attic and I’m really ready to start decorating! I mean it’s the 3 of October and I don’t have anything up yet! I usually try to get everything up by the 1st of October but this year I am behind! I guess I’m going to have to crawl up in the attic myself ugh not looking forward to that one! Would it be wrong to ask my darling pre teen son to do it for me? Hmm have to ponder that one… Ok ok let’s get to the craft…

Here’s what you’ll need:

Black Trash bags (mine were 30gal size)

Scissors

Sharpie

                                                  Lay out your trashbag
                    Cut off all the sides, on the bottom I just slid my scissor through
                                                          Fold in half
                                                        Fold in half again
                                                         Make a triangle
                                                        Make another triangle
                                                         And another
                                                 Draw out your web design
                                                   Cut one side
                                                  And then the other
Unfold and you are done!
Here’s how you make it:

Lay out your trash bag, cut off the top, bottom, and both sides. Separate the two pieces of the plastic. Fold the plastic in half, you will have a rectangle, then fold it into a square. From there you will fold it into a triangle, do that 2 more times. With your Sharpie draw a line about half an inch wide from the tip of the triangle to the top. Then on each side draw matching scallops, leave gaps between each scallop I didn’t measure this I just eyeballed it on this. Then cut out the area between the scallops. Unfold and Voila you have 4 spider webs! You can leave them all together or you could cut them and place them in different places! So 1 bag will give you a total of 8 webs!

Enjoy!

1 comment: