Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Painted Mason Jars

I love all the different ways to decorate a Mason Jar! Besides canning, I've used them forever to put fresh flowers in. I think there is something quite beautiful in the simplicity of mason jars. This was my first attempt at painting the jars. I think they turned out ok. I actually think I like them plain with out the letters on them the best. Again I think it's the simplicity that I'm drawn to. I did put some silver ribbon around the tops to give them a little punch! I may have to paint some more jars in different colors for different holidays or events. I think maybe Red White and Blue ones are definitely in my future!

Here's what you'll need:

Mason Jars ( I used quart size)

Acrylic Paint

Water

 

Here's how you make it:

 
Pour Paint into jars, add a little water ( just a little you want the paint to be thinned out but not watery) Swirl the paint around in the jar coating all sides of it, add more paint if necessary.When I was first trying this I did try to paint the paint on with a brush but let me tell you that wasn't workin' for me, it was streaky and not at all what I was going for. So try the swirly painting method! Let dry, add more paint to get the level of coverage that you want. Now here you can add Letters to the outside with paint or stickers, or you can add faces or designs. Like I said I really like the plain painted jars myself.

1 comment: