Friday, October 19, 2012

Joker Costume



My son LOVES superhero movies! For Halloween this year he decided he wanted to be The Joker from the Dark Knight Rises. I love Heath Ledger’s Joker; I think he did such a great job as that character. So we decided to try and “find” the items to make up a Joker costume.

We scoured Goodwill looking for purple pants and a green vest, oddly they didn’t have those? We did find this great green velour type pantsuit. My son tried it on and let’s just say it was HYSTERICAL! I wish I could have gotten a picture and that he wouldn’t totally kill me if I put it online! So I decided I would use the green fabric to make a vest. And the Suit pants we would just dye purple. We did find a great purple dress shirt and a blond wig that we dyed green.
This project has been anything but easy! I started out by cutting the sleeves off the pantsuit and then cut the legs off of it as well, however I cut it too short! So back to Goodwill I went looking for a vest. I found one and decided that I could cut out the green fabric and put it on top of the vest that I had found. I just used some fabric glue and we are in business with a great vest that was super simple to make.
 

The Pants… these have been the biggest pain in the butt! I bought some purple RIT dye and soaked them overnight and the next day guess what they were still GREY! You could say I was a little frustrated! I decided to try the TULIP fabric paint, and it worked, the pants aren’t as purple as I wanted but at this point they are good enough!

I will put a picture up with him in full costume and make up soon. We are going to a Halloween party soon and get to dress up for it!
 
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment