Monday, October 8, 2012

Eyeball Wreath



What is it about an eye that’s so scary, creepy or eerie? Last week I did the Eerie Eyes post and this week we are starting off with an Eyeball Wreath or Frame. So I couldn’t find the frame that I wanted at the Dollar Store to make this project so I decided to make my own version. As I’m writing this post I’m wondering why I didn’t check Michaels to see if they had the frame it would have saved me a few steps but at the same time might have cost me a little more. Oh well I did what I’m getting rather good at doing I improvised! I decided that poster board and foam board would be easy to make into a frame! Now you can put ribbon or cord (it’s what I had) around the frame and make it a wreath or you could put a cute picture of your Trick or Treaters behind the frame and have a cute picture to pull out year after year!

Here’s what you’ll need:

Foam Board

Poster Board

Googly Eyes (3pkgs)

Rubber Cement

Glue

Scissors/ Exacto knife




Here’s how you make it:

Measure and cut both the Poster and Foam Boards into a 12in x12in square. Next cut out a 4 in square from the center of the boards.  Then glue the Poster Board to the Foam board with the Rubber Cement. Next thinly coat one side of the poster board with glue and add the googly eyes. Continue to the other sides adding more glue and eyes as you go. Let dry and then loop a ribbon around the top of the wreath and hang on your door or in the house for a fun decoration.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment