Friday, January 11, 2013

Bleach Pen Tee




I like the bleach pen tee’s that I’ve been seeing on Pinterest. So I thought I would give it a try. I also thought this would be a fun craft that the Man-Child and I could do together. This is something that is getting harder and harder to find. I mean what 12 ½ year old boy wants to do crafts with his (gasp) Mom, the horror! But man-child does like to draw and he likes all the graphic tees. So I figured he would like this one! The hard part for him was finding something to draw that would translate well onto a t-shirt. He has this great drawing of a dragon that he wanted to use but I thought for the first time we should go with something with a little less detail. So he searched Google images and found the picture of a mine turtle. What’s a mine turtle you ask? Well honestly I have no clue, it’s something from some movies on YouTube I think? Really I asked and he told me and I’m still confused?

 I decided for my shirt I would just free hand a design of some flowers and the word love. As you will see I totally messed up the word Love but well I guess that’s what makes it unique right? No? Oh well. It’s a good thing that I just used an old t-shirt I had laying around.




Here’s what you’ll need:

T-shirts (any plain one will do, got one with a stain use that one)

Bleach Pen

Cardboard/Brown craft paper

Here’s how you make it:




Place a piece of cardboard between the shirts you are going to use. (Keeps the bleach from leaking through) Decide on a design. Copy the design onto your shirt with the bleach pen. Let it set for 15 minutes. Rinse off with cold water. Then wash the shirts in the washing machine on cold. Dry and it’s ready to wear!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment