Friday, January 25, 2013

Braided Button Bracelet



I love bracelets! I hardly ever end up wearing them but I LOVE them! I know its nuts! Why buy or make things that you aren’t going to wear? Who does that?? Well I do! So this time I’m making a bracelet as a gift. It will help me to feel better about all the ones I have sitting in a jewelry box on my dresser. I could maybe give some of them away, but I always think that I’m going to wear them someday I will I swear, probably the same someday that I wear the 10 sizes to small jeans that are in my closet!

 

Fun Fact: The 1st buttons can be traced back to ancient Egypt.

 

Here’s what you’ll need:

 

Embroidery Thread (I used 3 different colors)

 

Buttons (I used 3 but you could do less or more!)

 

 

Here’s how you make it:

Begin by cutting your threads to the same length. Now I have to admit I didn’t measure my thread first, I probably should have because I had quite a bit of waste! String each Thread through the button holes. Next lay out the buttons in the order you want them to lie. Then tie all 3 threads together on each side of the buttons. (If I was to make this again I would tie a knot beside each button, to give it more stability) Now you braid each side of the bracelet. Tie a knot when your bracelet is the length that you want. I left mine a little long so that it can be adjusted by the wearer they can just cut off the extra and tie another knot!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment