Monday, January 7, 2013

Working out and Refueling


Ok so I got a late start to my New Year’s resolutions! We’ve been on a bit of an extended vacation since the Hubster was on leave until today! But I knew this and so I made my resolutions to start today! J Smart right?! lol So my first workout today is to walk 3 miles actually I need to walk about 3 miles a day to meet my goal of walking 1000 miles this year! So I’m 6 days behind yikes that’s 18 miles! But that’s ok I can make it up a little at a time right? Right? ok ok not gonna stress about it. I’m also planning on doing 10o’s today. I LOVE this workout, it’s quick but effective and it hurts so good! You do 100 crunches, 100 squats and 100 pushups! Now I know this can seem like a lot, and it is, and if you are just starting out do 50’s or 25’s or break it up and do 4 sets of 25. Make it work for you! I feel so accomplished after I do this workout, the next day I may be sore, ok I will be sore but I love it!

So after a good workout it’s important to refuel your body! If you are like me working out can make you even more hungry and I hate that I can ruin all my efforts by eating the wrong things or too much even if it’s the “right thing”.

What to eat? I love to have an apple with peanut butter, just a tablespoon though (it’s high in fat) you can also make a smoothie with a banana, yogurt, and peanut butter or some protein powder. Or just the banana and peanut butter. You notice I keep adding peanut butter? It’s for the protein that is so important after a workout. You could also have a small 1 oz portion of chicken or turkey with an apple. The idea is to not have a meal but to add some fuel to replace the energy that you’ve just expended! I’m going with the apple and peanut butter today! What are you going to have?!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment