Monday, January 21, 2013

Healthy Waters



 
In my effort to get Healthy I’ve been drinking LOTS of water! I mean A LOT A LOT. Lucky for me I actually like water! I like it plain and prefer it to be really cold! I use a filter, because every time we move the water tastes differently. So the filter gives me a more universal taste? Does that sound weird? It probably does. But sometimes I get tired of drinking water and I want something that has a little more flavor to it. And I know some people, like my Mom, can’t stand the taste of water. Which I think is strange cause water doesn’t have a taste? I mean I guess it does but not really to me? Or maybe I should say it really shouldn’t have a taste, because I have been to some restaurants and ordered water because I’m trying to be good and the water is so awful I have to order something else! Anyways, for those times that I want something more than water but don’t want to add in the extra calories I like to add a little fruit to my water. Now you can really add in any fruit that you like! Some will give your water more flavor than others. My favorites are Strawberry, Lemon, Lime and Lemon-Lime.  

It’s really so easy to do I’m not going to give you a list of materials and directions. You just slice up your fruit and add it into your glass of water! Simple, right? I also like to make some up and keep it in the fridge. If you want to do that just grab a mason jar, add in some fruit slices and water, put a lid on it and store it in the fridge.

 
Now I would note that citrus fruits hold up better if you are planning on storing it in your fridge for very long. Strawberries can get a little mushy after about a day or two.

Do you have a favorite way to drink your water? Share it with me!

 

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment